Saturday 13 February 2010

Chilly Chile

I have this morning arrived in Punta Arenas, Chile and it´s rather cool. A non birding day for me today as I take the opportunity to catch up with a thousand e-mails and update the blog at a far more reasonable rate of $2 per hour, as well as collect some souveniers for Mrs C .

To expand on Yesterdays trip in Ushuaia, Argentina. We did rather well and the list included many other species than those I highlighted. Other species included

Spine tailed Rayadito
Treerunner
Patagonia sierra Finch
Chamanga Caracara
Southern Crested Caracara
Great Grebe
Chilean Swallow ( like a tiny House Martin)
Dolphin Gulls
Flightless steamer Duck
Crested Duck
Spectacled Duck
Roufous breasted Dotterel
Austral Pygmy Owl.

So on my final leg of my Journey I head for Uraguay tonight and although I have nothing planned in Montivideo it does mean three more sea days which of course means 3 more days of sea watching and nothing beats that !!

(Note from Phil: Hope he remembers my souvenier).

No comments:

Post a Comment